- Pear/Triangle: The hips are larger than the bust, and the waist gradually slopes out to the hips.
- Inverted Triangle: The bust is large, the hips are narrow and the waist is not very well defined.
- Rectangle/Straight: The bust and hips are basically the same size. The waist is slightly smaller than the bust and hips.
- Hourglass: The bust and hips are basically the same size and your waist is well defined.
- Diamond: The waist is larger than the bust and hips. The shoulders are narrow compared to the hips. Breasts are small to medium in size.
- Rounded/Oval: The waist is larger than the bust and hips. The hips are narrow compared to the shoulders. Breasts are ample in size.
The forehead is slightly wider than the chin and the length of the face is about one and a half times the width. The best haircut for the oval shapes: the oval face shape is most forgiving when it comes to long or short haircuts. Oval face shapes can go extremely long and can also rock a cute short and sassy cut. Keep in mind that in between lengths can take away from the symmetry of the shape of the oval face shape.
Round face shapes have prominent round cheeks that are equal with the width and the length of the face. The best haircuts for the round face shapes: wear styles that elongate the face by wearing the hair long and adding soft textured fringe around your face. Wearing minimal layers and a deep side part with a side sweep not on the round face shapes.
Square shape faces have a prominent jawline with a square chin, the forehead and the jawline are roughly the same width. The best hair cuts for the square face shapes: wear curtain-like fringe to soften the corners of your face. Wear the fringe shorter in the middle and longer towards the corners of your face. Longer lengths soften the corners of your jaw lines. Add short layers around the eye area or you could rock a long fringe. For hair that is above the shoulders add lots of movement by giving texture to your hair.
Oblong face shapes have a long shape with a narrow chin. The best haircut for oblong face shapes: haircuts that add volume brings interest to the jawline and if you have a long neck, you could add layers. For longer hair styles frame it by adding layers that fall to the right proportions of the hair style. Draw attention to the areas you want to accentuate.
Heart face shapes have a wider forehand and cheekbones with a narrow jawline and chin. The best haircuts for the heart face shapes: hair styles that decrease the width of the forehead and increase the width of the lower part of the face. Keep the length of your hair above the shoulders so that your hair is full around the jawline. You could rock a long, side swept fringe to show off your forehead also adding layers around your cheekbones to give length to your face.
Diamond face shapes have a narrow forehead and a jawline with cheekbones at the widest point of the face. The best haircuts for the diamond shapes: Wear a chin-length bob or you could rock a shoulder-length style with urspy edges. Reduce the width at the cheekbones by shortening the overall length of your hair.