- Beautifully defined waist
- Gently rounded shoulders aligned with your hips
- The waistline is curved out to your hips
- Rounded bottom, side and front profile
- Upper body is proportionate in length with your shapely legs
How to dress an Hourglass shaped body type
Proportionally dress the top and bottom area of your body while accentuating your waistline.
Tops that accentuate your waist line maintaining balance to your figure.
- Belted tops
- Tops with banding or nipping at the waistline
- Form-fitting tops
- Wrap styled tops
- Tailored shirts and jackets
You can wear most any kind of bottom pair with the proper top.
- Boot cut, straight leg pants and skinny jeans
- High-waisted pants
- Pencil skirts
- Skirts that show off your legs
- Cargos or flap pocket jeans
Keep your proportions balanced, but this shape looks good in most swimsuits.
- Bottoms that cut straight across the hips
- Strapless or bandeau tops
- Balanced ruffles, padding and embellishments can enhance your curves
- Match colors and patters of tops and bottoms
- Tops with straps that sit mid-way across the shoulders