How to dress a Pear/Triangle shaped body type
- Bring the attention to the upper part of your body. Choose slim, fitted tops, button down shirts and cardigans.
- Bring attention around the neck area. Shirts and dresses with embellished necklines draw eyes up towards the slimmed part of your body.
- Add visual interest to the upper body by layering garments. This will bring balance to a pear-shaped body.
- Emphasize the upper part of your body while slimming wider hips by choosing an A-line dress and tops.
- Usually balance a pear-shaped body by keeping the hems of pants, skirts, and dresses wide. Elongate your legs by wearing pointy-toed shoes with a wide-hemmed pants.
- Avoid embellishments that are flashy like funky pockets that have embroidery cargo pants. A little structure wear pants that skim the hips and thighs.
Show off your legs with a slightly flared pencil skirt while still camouflaging your thighs. Skirts should be knee length to elongate your lower half.
- Wear A-line styles that sit at your waist/hips but that don’t go too high.
- Don’t wear shiny or glitzy clothing; keep it simple.
Wear dresses with A-line skirts to camouflage wider hips; avoid tight dresses that cling to the rear, causing it to look bigger. Never wear dresses/skirts with ruffles on the bottom.